The followers of Christ in the Archdiocese of Wellington are characterised as a community on mission, ‘nurtured in a cradle of love to become a vessel of peace paddled on the spring of love’.
This community will be recognised by our:
- Unconditional love
- Unity in diversity
- Vibrancy and buzz
In this community we will be:
- Nurtured in our heritage
- Formed and informed in the Holy Spirit
- Nourished by our Eucharist, celebrations and a dialogue of life in ‘living prayer’
- Formed in a living relationship with Jesus.
This community will enable us to be:
- Healing and forgiving.
- Fully collaborative in ministry
- Adapting and responsive to the needs of each person and of society
- Biculturally committed in a multicultural environment
- Gift to each other
- Practising listening as an art.
We will be:
- A community that is active, outward-looking and reaches the street
- In the world, not separated from the world
- A community where every member is committed through a personal relationship with Christ to making social justice alive
- Peace-making and bi-culturally aware.
Our waka has always rested on a well of living water, so we will:
- Connect the power of parishes into the Pastoral Areas, other faith communities and all people whom we recognise as responding to the prompting of the Spirit
- Have the courage to speak out and witness to our belief
- Be healing, forgiving and openly collaborative
- Work for the transformation of the world.