A Justice, Peace and Development (JPD) Commission serves the Catholic Archdiocese of Wellington and is and advisory group to our Archbishop, Cardinal John Dew. The role of the Commission is to promote Catholic social teaching and involve Catholics in working for justice and peace.
Some of the activities the JPD Commission are involved with include:
- Running events to promote Justice, Peace and Development issues in the Archdiocese
- Making submissions to parliament and local government bodies
- Giving talks to parishes and groups
- Writing articles for Wel-com and other publications
- Encouraging Catholic parishes and the wider community to participate in social justice, peace and development initiatives
For more information on the JPD Commission please visit it’s page here.
To sign up for our regular monthly email newsletter detailing Justice events happening in our Archdiocese, please email Lesley Hooper