Te Kahu o Te Rangi (TKOTR) is the Māori Pastoral Council in the Archdiocese of Wellington. Membership of TKOTR is open to all Catholic Māori and their communities within the Archdiocese. New members are always welcome.
One of the main activities for members is to report back to TKOTR on initiatives in their particular parish and rohe (area). For example, sacramental programmes in their parish:
- Baptisms and Holy Communion;
- pastoral activities – home & hospital visits; and
- assisting with liturgies in parishes – hīmene, karakia, karanga.
TKOTR meets four times annually. The remaining dates for this year are:
- Sunday, 20 May 2018 at Tū-Hono Hall, 20 Kenepuru Drive, Porirua
- Sunday, 6 August 2018, venue to be confirmed
- Sunday, 5 November 2018, venue to be confirmed.
All hui are held between 12.30pm-3.30pm after 10am Miha at Te Ngākau Tapu hāhi.
Nau mai, haere mai.
Current members of TKOTR include:
Marguerite Osborne (Chair), Tuki and Pauline Takiwā (Kaumātua),
Rangimoeroa Waikari-Panapa (Secretary), Carolyn Carr (Minute Secretary)
Andrea & Roger Havell
Oriwa Law, Lisa Beech, Maru Karatea-Goddard
Pani Malcolm, Joe Mutu
Tanua Rose, Wai Stewart
Gloria Tapa, Tūrei Thompson,
Henare Walmsley, Frances Wilson, Spenser Carr
Monsignor Gerard Burns (Vicar for Māori)
Deacon Danny Karatea-Goddard (Tūranga Māori)
For more information about Te Kahu o Te Rangi, please contact Marguerite Osborne at email@example.com