Use of Information
The Archdiocese of Wellington (ADW) will collect and maintain in our database certain personally identifiable information from you only when you provide it to us on a voluntary basis, for example, when you make an inquiry, comment on our social media properties, contact us, subscribe to our newsletter or forums, or establish an email account.
Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it, and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
We will not share any information about you with third parties, except as provided by civil privacy legislation.
Please be aware that this site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet.
When you look at our website please be aware that our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs information about it. This is the usual practice for an Internet Service Provider. This information may include but is not limited to:
- Your server address
- Your top level domain name (for example .nz, .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site you have visited
- The type of browser you are using
By using our site, you are consenting to our terms and conditions. We will review this Policy periodically, and if we ever change our policy, we shall post any changes on this page so that you are always kept informed of the information we collect, how we use it and the circumstances under which we disclose it, if at all.
If you have any questions or comments about our policy, please contact us.
‘Catholic Wellington’ – wn.catholic.org.nz community rules.
‘Catholic Wellington’ is an online community which enables Catholics to connect with each other and those interested in the Catholic faith to explore. It can be explored on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and on the website of the ADW (‘the sites’).
In order to achieve a sense of community, all participants in ‘Catholic Wellington’ are required to comply with the following:
- Do not post any defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive or illegal information or material, and do not utilise the sites in any illegal manner.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Do not use any words, logos or other marks that would infringe upon the trademark, service mark, certification mark, or other intellectual property rights of the owners of such marks without the permission of such owners.
- Do not post any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy or personal rights of others.
- Do not post, upload, email or otherwise transmit any material containing software viruses or other computer code or files designed to interrupt, harm, delete, or otherwise interfere with or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Do not attempt to disguise, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any other person or entity.
In addition, the posting party grants the Archdiocese and other users of the sites a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit and print such information or material without payment to the posting party.
The sites shall not be utilised in any manner that violates New Zealand law or other laws.
All postings shall be of an informational nature and for informational purposes only. Commercial use or any other unauthorised use of the sites is prohibited. Do not use the sites to solicit or conduct business, including the direct or indirect marketing of users’ products or services, in any manner. The sites may not be used to provide information, materials, products, or services in exchange for compensation of any kind.
ADW accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on the sites by others.
ADW reserves the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the sites for inappropriate postings and will undertake editorial control of postings or comments. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting or unauthorised use of this blog is brought to ADW attention, including but not limited to prohibited posting and usage as outlined herein, ADW reserves the right to terminate, without prior notice, site access of any user who does not abide by these guidelines. During monitoring, postings may be examined, recorded, copied, censored, deleted, or used for authorised purposes. Use of the sites, authorised or unauthorised, constitutes consent to such monitoring. ADW reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue the sites with or without notice, and shall not be liable to any party for such modification, suspension, or discontinuance.
The Archdiocese of Wellington accepts no responsibility for the content on external sites. External links are presented without warranty, express or implied. The descriptions of sites in these pages have been taken from the pages themselves and are not meant to express the opinions of the Archdiocese of Wellington.