Tag: archbishop francis redwood

Catholic pioneers: Archbishop Francis Redwood

Church History December 2013 Msgr John Broadbent Francis Redwood was among the first boys to board at Fr Antoine Marie Garin’s new school which opened in Nelson in 1852, a decade after the large Redwood family had emigrated from England to a farm near Brightwater on the Waimea Plains. Bishop Viard and the Marists had

Read more »