WelCom May 2018: The New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference set up an Establishment Board in 2017 to create a new structure for New Zealand Catholic tertiary education providers, Good Shepherd Theological College, Auckland and The Catholic Institute, Wellington.
The chair is Sir Brian Roche and board members include:
- Bishop Charles Drennan, NZCBC
- Fr Brian Cummings from the Society of Mary
- Kate Kearins of AUT
- John Gallaher from Forsyth Barr
- Tony Murphy, a member of the NZCBC Finance Committee
- Maureen Kerr, an educationalist from Christchurch
- Loraine Elliott, a Māori health specialist from Auckland
- Jeremy Morley, a tertiary-education management specialist
- Dame Therese Walsh, a governance specialist.
The Board is tasked with: assessing current educational services; directing and setting strategy for a work plan; ensuring effective governance; directing the establishment of an organisational structure; and analysing financial implications.
During the transition period towards the new tertiary structure, the TCI Council and GSC Senate will continue to provide quality teaching, advocacy, research, curriculum development, and academic formation of seminarians.