Tuākana Youth Minister – positions available across the Archdiocese
Fixed term, 2023.
This Programme provides training and support to become a Tuākana Youth Minister within a College for the school year, joining the Archdiocese’s Young Church team.
This is a paid, part-time role, with positions available across the Greater Wellington region and Nelson.
Tuākana are assigned to a Catholic college within our Archdiocese and they work alongside the Director of Religious Studies of the school, and with our Young Church Ministry team.
The Tuākana is there to:
- accompany students in their faith journey at school
- to bear witness to the value and relevance of Catholic faith
- and to support and encourage the very heart of the college’s Catholic Character.
This programme has been running since 2020. This role is about supporting young people to be able to freely express and grow in their faith, with the support of a Tuākana Youth Minister accompanying them.
To apply and for a copy of the job description, click here.
Coordinator, Marriage Ministries – Wellington
Who we are and what we do:
The Church Mission team provides and supports pastoral care in the 22 parishes that make up the Catholic Archdiocese of Wellington. The Coordinator, Marriage Ministry will join a passionate, creative and qualified pastoral ministry team working to grow faith community in Wellington city and around the Catholic Archdiocese of Wellington (Kaikoura/Westport to Levin/Masterton).
This position is part time 20-30 hours per week (negotiable).
The Coordinator will shape and implement a plan to deliver established marriage-related programmes in the Archdiocese.
- Marriage Preparation – for couples preparing to marry.
- Marriage Enrichment – for married couples in general.
- Records – keeping track of relevant client information.
Key Skills and Attributes
- A commitment to the life and mission of the Catholic Church.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a good grasp of the issues of marriage and Catholic faith today.
- Be self-motivated and able to work on his/her own.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Be proficient in the use of social media.
- Have successfully undertaken tertiary level study.
Apply for this job’ with CV and cover letter or contact Chris Duthie-Jung directly at 04 496 1759 with any questions or to request a full Job Description.
Volunteer Role: Secretarial Position
The Vincentian Foundation for the Elderly is a Charitable Trust providing hearing aid grants to seniors on low incomes.
The current secretary has resigned after a decade of dedicated service and an immediate replacement is sought.
This voluntary role involves processing grant applications, preparation of material for two trustee meetings each year and assisting with fund raising.
The position requires working from home and the hours worked are flexible. A full job description is available on request.
If you are interested, please apply by sending your CV by 9 December 2022 to email@example.com or call 496 1732 for further information.