The Vicariate for Catholic social services is the social outreach agency of the Archdiocese of Wellington.
Our vision is: “All people live and flourish in communities characterised by charity – love in action”.
The Vicariate for Catholic social services includes:
- Low-cost counselling and social work
- Supporting people through change, grief and loss – Seasons for Growth
- Work for justice and peace – supporting the Archdiocesan Commission for Justice, Peace and Development
- Hospital chaplains
- Prison chaplains
- Support for refugee resettlement
- Coordinating the Archdiocese of Wellington’s response to the Kaikōura/Marlborough earthquake
- Responding to poverty through projects and partnerships
- Advocating for change
How to contact us:
Catholic social services is based at 132 Tory St, Wellington, on the first floor of the Compassion Centre Soup Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for general enquiries
email@example.com for director
A key way to support the work of Catholic social services is through the 1000 club. Our aim is to have 1000 members donating $100 per annum, which works out at a minimum of $2 per week. We currently have 500 members.
If you would like to become a member of the 1000 club, or would like to make a donation, become a collector on appeal days, or would like information on making bequests to Catholic Social Services, please contact us on 04-385-8642
Did you know that the maximum refund has been lifted for charitable donations? This means that if you would like to donate to Catholic Social Services, when you complete your Tax Refund form you can claim back a tax rebate of one third for every dollar you donate up to the amount of your income. Further information around this is available on www.ird.govt.nz