WelCom August 2023
The archdiocesan Ecology, Justice and Peace Commission and its three committees contribute and participate in work for justice and peace, inspired and informed by Catholic social teaching.
The commission’s activities and events this year include:
- an online campaign for Laudato si’ week, with practical suggestions to support people put LS teachings into action. The Integral Ecology Committee is planning activities for the the Season of Creation, 1 September–4 October;
- the Poverty Committee’s work on issues of food security, death without debt, and the Living Wage movement;
- the Bi-Cultural Relationships Committee’s focus on engaging with parishes to widen participation;
- an ‘Election Forum’ ahead of the 2023 General Election on 14 October.
- Other coming events include Day of Prayer for Creation, 1 September; a formation day for EJP and its committees including producing a video about its purpose and mahi; Season of Creation Miha, 1 October with the Home of Compassion and Suzanne Aubert celebrations; and World Day of the Poor, 19 November, with Catholic Social Services.
Please contact Deirdre Meskill, EJP adviser, email@example.com for updates about the commission’s events and activities.