WelCom March 2019:
Fr Marcus Francis, Parish Priest of the Catholic Parish of Whanganui – Te Parihi Katorika ki Whanganui, is offering a series of five Lenten seminars to explore the fundamental aspects of being formed as a Christian in society today.
Lent covers the 40 days from Ash Wednesday (this year 6 March) through to Easter when the Lord after being put to death on a Cross on Good Friday, rose again on Easter Sunday. It is a time of fasting, almsgiving and prayer.
The seminars are every Saturday afternoon, 2pm–3.30pm, from 9 March to 6 April, at Te Rau Oriwa Marae next to St Mary’s Catholic Church, cnr Campbell and Guyton Sts, Whanganui.
- Saturday 9 March 2019: Encounter—how do I encounter Christ and continue to grow in knowledge of him?
- Saturday 16 March 2019: Conversion—how does Christ change me as I orient my life towards him?
- Saturday 23 March 2019: Discipleship—how can I grow and deepen my experience of faith?
- Saturday 30 March 2019: Communion—how do we live faith in community?
- Saturday 6 April 2019: Mission—what does it mean to be sent to proclaim the Good News to others?
‘We will investigate the aspects of the process by which dialogue with non-believers and other Christians can be initiated and lead to a new commitment of faith and community that is life giving’, Fr Marcus said.
‘We’re called to go beyond ourselves and to not only live the Gospel in our everyday activities, but to engage non-believers as well as invite them into our community.’
Everyone is welcome and may attend just one session of their choice, but each topic builds on from the other, so the full series Is recommended. Entry is by gold-coin and no booking is necessary. We look forward to seeing you.