If you would like to submit an event to be added, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends of Mount Street Cemetery – Notice of Annual General Meeting. The Annual General Meeting of the Friends of Mount Street Cemetery will be held on Tuesday 03 October 2023 at 5.30 pm. Archdiocese of Wellington Offices at Level 2, 204 Thorndon Quay, Wellington. All Welcome. Agenda and other details in the poster.
Support Life Sunday. The bishops will be releasing a revised version of an important 1997 statement titled Te Kahu o Te Ora – the ‘Garment of Life’. This statement explores the application of what is a uniquely Catholic ethical framework to contemporary moral issues. Much has changed in the quarter-century since 1997, yet much remains the same. Learn more here.
9 – 13 October
Safeguarding Workshops. Wellington Central and South.
13 & 14 October
St Anthony’s School, Seatoun We would love to have you join us at our centenary weekend events on 13th-14th October 2023. Click the link below to book your tickets and tables! All event information is on the booking page. See you in October! BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW https://www.trybooking.co.nz/OUW
14 & 15 October
St Joseph’s Catholic Church Dannevirke. Celebrating 125 years. Jubilee weekend 14th & 15th October 2023. 32 Allardice Street, Dannevirke. We are celebrating 125 years of St Joseph Parish throughout 2023. We are also holding a special Jubilee Mass & luncheon on Saturday the 14th October, followed by a special Mass Sunday 15th October. We invite all past and present parishioners and their families, and supporters to celebrate this wonderful occasion. Please register your interest by emailing email@example.com with your details.
Liturgy Workshop: Advent. 10am – 12pm, St Bernadette’s Hall Naenae. History… Sounds and images… Relevance to today’s world… This interactive workshop led by Fr Patrick Bridgman is for everyone involved in organising your parish’s celebration of Advent and anyone just wanting to learn more about this important season of the Church. Venue: St Bernadettes Hall, Naenae. Please register with Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org
5 & 12 November
“Love is a Decision” Marriage Preparation Course for engaged couples. For more information and to register, email Mely Lau at email@example.com or visit the website https://bit.ly/3knqjD8.
3 – 13 November
Safeguarding Workshops. North-west South Island: Holy Family, Our Lady of the Bays, and Westport-Reefton Parishes.
- Compassion Soup Kitchen meals. The Compassion Soup Kitchen is continuing to serve meals to anyone who needs them; 7.45am – 8.45am & 4.45pm-5.45pm, Monday to Saturday at 132 Tory Street, Wellington. Contact 04 385 9299 if you have any questions.
- Craft Group: Every Wednesday 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm (Ends 13 Dec 2023). Our Lady’s Home of Compassion 2 Rhine Street, Island Bay, Wellington. Bring a project you’re working on and join our friendly and informal group for our weekly gathering. For more information contact ph. (04) 383-7769 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quiet Days Second Thursday of every month 10:30 am – 2:30 pm (Ends 12 Oct 2023). Our Lady’s Home of Compassion 2 Rhine Street, Island Bay, Wellington. A time for gentle reflection on insights from the life and works of Venerable Suzanne Aubert. There is no fee, however, a koha is greatly appreciated. Registration: email@example.com
- Taizé: First Friday of every month 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm (Ends 1 Dec 2023). Where: The Chapel of Our Lady of Compassion, 2 Rhine Street, Island Bay, Wellington. A reflective time with simple songs and scripture that brings us to stillness and silence. All are welcome.
- Miha: Sunday 11:00 am (Ends 17 Dec 2023). Where: The Chapel of Our Lady of Compassion, 2 Rhine Street, Island Bay, Wellington. Join us for our Sunday mass in Te reo Māori.
- Mass/ Morning Prayer: Every Wednesday and Thursday at 8:30 am (Ends 13 Dec 2023). Where: The Chapel of Our Lady of Compassion, 2 Rhine Street, Island Bay, Wellington. Join us for a contemplative morning mass to start the day.
- Christian Meditation Every Monday 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Thursday 11:00 am – 12:00 pm (Ends 11 Dec 2023). Where: The Chapel of Our Lady of Compassion, 2 Rhine Street, Island Bay, Wellington. An ancient form of contemplative prayer, deeply anchored in the teachings of the early Christian desert fathers and mothers. All welcome.